grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
Kill Bill
my madison restaurant reviews...
new york city in june...
I love wasabi peas- and I loath tornados
did you know I am a friend to terrorists?
a flood watch
10 best summer time wasters
thunderstorms- also underrated
teaching a hole in the floor to knit
Overrated and Underrated...


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Wednesday, May 26, 2004
it's just a springclean for the may queen...

I was on the phone the other night with Jony talking about how worried I was about my memory being shot for the prelim. When we were like 13, we memorized a tremendous amount of song lyrics, guitar parts, and entire albums by Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and others I can't think of right now. We seriously had the entire album "the wall" memorized. I was telling her that I was driving back from school the other day and "Stairway to Heaven" came on. I still remember every word and every part of the guitar solo. What useless knowledge taking up huge amounts of space in my brain! Then, after Stairway was finished some Aerosmith song came on (one of the one's that sounds like "Cryin"). What do you know- I don't even remember liking the song or listening to it- but I know all the freakin' words. Like the stupid "Jack and Diane" song- I really never liked the song much so why do I know the words? I didn't even talk to Jony about the unbelievable amounts of B'way show tunes I know from my days as a theatre major (I'm not proud about the amount of Andrew Lloyd Webber shit I know). I mean, as the light board op I watched West Side Story and Me and My Girl nearly every day of their 6 week runs. Yikes. Yeah, so I remembered that we only use 10% of our brains as it is- so I figure even if I don't purge myself of song lyrics I should still have room for Acker, Butler, and Fausto-Sterling.

posted by knit wit | 5/26/2004 08:03:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com