grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
Overrated and Underrated...
a new toilet today
what i have on needles right now:
damn it i seem to have a blog


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, May 20, 2004
teaching a hole in the floor to knit

so we have a HUGE hole in the floor of our bath room. our landlord et al are here digging up rotted wood (yuck). the toilet is on the curb, so we have to use another tenant's bathroom. oh well. not too much inconvenience. i have beer so it's all good. my mom just told me my aunt wants to learn to knit!! I am so excited!! I've never taught anyone to knit before. my aunt recently lost part of her leg to diabetes and she has spent way too much time in the hospital. I joked with her a couple months ago about learning to knit and she laughed at me. So, I'll teach her when I go home to Maine and then we'll have to check out some Maine yarn stores together- Halcyon is my favorite! i met with the IT guy- lots of talk about things I pretended to understand... mysql, php, cwis, oracle, dublin core (is that irish? does it have to do with beer?). i showed Jo my blog- and other people's blogs. She wants to weigh in on the overrated/underrated stuff... Jo's list: Highly overrated.... 1. reality tv 2. organized religion 3. mainstream music industry 4. hollywood and plastic surgery 5. cell phones Deservedly rated good... 1. good coffee 2. organic food 3. true friends 4. older women 5. mother earth Highly underrated... 1. rainy days 2. having more than 2 cats 3. horror films 4. flannel shirts 5. New Yorkers

posted by knit wit | 5/20/2004 04:38:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com