grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
"tunities"
total insanity
Barack Obama
the DNC
one more...
of course!
it figures.
sack of cement
Sunday Morning
daydreams


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Friday, July 30, 2004
email forwards

I loath email forwards. We know a few people who forward a lot of stuff to us. If they are something cheesy (teddy bears for friendship, candles for peace) then I just delete them (okay the Long Island Barbie one was kind of funny). If they are some kind of urban legend or hoax, I love to debunk them. I just did this with an email sent to me about Teresa Heinz Kerry. Part of me feels bad when I correct the email (by sending links like this one http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_teresa_heinz_kerry.htm) but I just hate seeing crap spread all over the internet. Well this time I didn't just send the correcting info back to the sender, I also (kind of by mistake but maybe not) sent it to everyone on that forward list. *oops* I expect to be getting a ton of emails back soon from this person's (probably right-wing) friends. I heard on the news this morning that Bush is now going to come out with a new strategy- his plan for the country in the next 4 years. Jeez. I'd love to hear that. When Kerry spells out his plans very specifically the attack machine accuses him of not having clear plans. Personally I can't imagine Bush having clear plans that he would be willing to share with us, but I guess as long as people know his wife makes better cookies and think that he is someone they want to have a beer with than who cares how much detail he goes into right? Am I suggesting the standards (at least those the media has) are specifically different for Kerry and Bush. Sure they are. And who would I rather have a beer with? Kerry. And cookies? I don't care really- I prefer ice cream.

posted by knit wit | 7/30/2004 08:45:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com