grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
now back to some knitting
summer's just so much fun
I can't resist
creepy or cool? You decide.
the old ways
in pieces
a plethora of Knit Wits
headache
I must be insane
sleep well prelim-takers


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Saturday, August 14, 2004
catching up

Yes, I have gone a few days without blogging at all. Really this is because I just haven't had anything blog-worthy happening. Mostly I've been catching up on some work, dogsitting and watching crap television. But, I will catch up a little with a few things: 1) Messing with a grad student's funding is just not fun times. I could elaborate about last minute TA positions, and shaky PA positions but I won't. Let's just say I am calling the financial aid office daily to make sure all is going through. The person who answers there and gives me advice on what will pay my bills in a couple weeks sounds way too young and nonchalant about the whole thing. Occasionally I wish I had taken my full funding offer from another, not-as-important grad program (*sigh*). And other times I wish I had some boring yet stable little job like being a bank teller or a receptionist (nah- who am I kidding). I go through this every semester and I am just bone tired of it. 2) Hearing that a friend of mine didn't pass the prelim makes me feel sick in my stomach. Not only because I think it sucks and I will join her in storming the ivory tower for justice, but because she is a very smart person who was amazingly disciplined about studying. Yikes. Where does that put me when I take this prelim? I'll try not to think about it. 3) Dogsitting while everyone I know is in San Fran having fun is fine with me really. And I am not even joking about that. I am catching up on some work I was feeling guilty about, and I enjoy having a dog to walk every once in a while. And the dog sleeps in the guest room with me at night which makes me feel less alone in this big house. She is good company even if she can't answer me about what her mom is going to say about my latest thesis draft. Since when do I have a screened in porch to work on and so many hummingbirds to watch? okay- back to work then, and some more Food TV.

posted by knit wit | 8/14/2004 07:14:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com