grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
headache
I must be insane
sleep well prelim-takers
bad, bad timing!!
August already?
lots of work and some protein
do I look 15?
email forwards
"tunities"
total insanity


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Wednesday, August 04, 2004
a plethora of Knit Wits

I seem to be running into a lot of people named Knit Wit lately. This is odd, because up to this point in my life, I've only known 2 other Knit Wits. One Knit Wit was my babysitter when I was a kid. She was very cool and would let me do all kinds of fun things. We would build forts out of blankets and books in her living room and play hide and seek in the woods. The other Knit Wit was the chorus teacher when I was in band in high school. She would go on band trips with us. Once I called her Knit Wit on a crowded bus and she said very meanly "that's not appropriate- its Mrs Myers to you" and I felt such shame and embarrassment. In the past month I have run into 4 people named Knit Wit. One Knit Wit I know in the blogging world (alter-ego). Another Knit Wit is the receptionist at my physical therapist's office. The other Knit Wit runs the recording studio in Madison that Jo is going to record at this month (we are meeting her tomorrow). The 4th Knit Wit is a musician that Jo met recently in the area. Strange. Knit Wit isn't that common of a name. Of course this is totally unfounded, as I have not met all the Knit Wits in the world, but when I do meet someone named Knit Wit they are always pretty cool in a knitty witty way (not Knit Wit Myers though). I just wrote that all using my real name, which I decided I wouldn't use on my blog. So, I changed it all to Knit Wit (which is really my real name and I have to thank Dorotha for coming up with it). And reading that over is even funnier now. So, I'll keep it that way. I shouldn't be posting at all today. I have been on a such a roll with my thesis. Nothing is holding me back, no headaches, nothing. I have been ripping through it calmly and with much focus. So, I'll go back to that now. I know it looks like I had a couple of bad days, but I am excited about the rest of August. I'll hand in this draft on the 10th, maybe do some dog-sitting, then our awesome friend Linda is coming to visit while her and Jo record. Then, the even-more-awesome Jony is coming to visit. So, August is looking just fine- even from here at my desk looking out of the beautiful day.

posted by knit wit | 8/04/2004 03:24:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com