grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
I can't resist
creepy or cool? You decide.
the old ways
in pieces
a plethora of Knit Wits
headache
I must be insane
sleep well prelim-takers
bad, bad timing!!
August already?


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, August 09, 2004
summer's just so much fun

I'm working on my deadline for my masters- I haven't been outside in days. I'm feeling blue on one hand as most of my friends (and advisor) are all heading off to San Fran tomorrow (thus, the deadline for this draft). And thinking of people makes me realie I haven't seen anyone all summer. Either I feel reclusive and just want to work or hang out with Jo and knit, or everyone else is busy studying etc... Summer is just great like that. We did BBQ a couple times, and we had a picnic once. Yes, on one hand I am feeling blue- the end of a summer of very little fun. But, on the other hand I feel good. I have been plugging away on this master's thesis without managing to get in my own way and make everything really difficult and filled with panic. This is the first draft where I haven't actually been driven by sheer panic and blinded by feelings of total inadequacy. Something must have shifted. Or I just don't care anymore, it is easier to get it done. And there is some summer fun in store. I'll be dog sitting so I'll catch up on knitting and I'll watch some TV and some of my favorite movies. Linda is coming to visit which will be fun b/c having company forces us to leave the house. And then Jony is coming to visit which will be the most fun of all. Okay. Back to this draft. Graphs. Yuck. I'll either bring it down to school tonight or tomorrow morning...

posted by knit wit | 8/09/2004 01:42:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com