grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
grad school
they were clearly better, okay?
for the record
catching up
now back to some knitting
summer's just so much fun
I can't resist
creepy or cool? You decide.
the old ways
in pieces


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Friday, August 20, 2004
survival

So, I guess I will survive this funding incident which seemed more like a crisis to me than I guess it really was. I'll just trust that it will work out and try not to stress about it. Its a long story- I'll explain less cryptically to those I'll see soon. But, nothing kills a week like thinking you might not have funding. And I still usually get loan money around this time of the summer, so I have to figure out a way to get through until everything is worked out. I got a "big improvement, nice draft" on my last thesis draft. Whew. I didn't expect to go over it all with my advisor yesterday, but we did and I see what needs to be done with it now which means the gears are already turning in my head. The stats in my thesis continue to suck. I either have to find someone (grad student) willing to sit down with me about go over all my stats or my advisor said she would do so. What amazes me is how good I was in stats back at SUNY Stony Brook. It seemed to come so natural to me. I don't know what happened. Should I follow her advice of taking stats course again and again until I get an A? I'd really rather go for 3 more root canals, but it logically does sound like very sound advice indeed. And our friend Linda comes to visit tonight from NY. I am so excited to see someone from back home! And I am even more so looking forward to Jony's visit at the end of the month. But, the work never really stops. I have another thesis draft to work on, and oh, a prelim to study for. I think I have decided that I will probably fail a prelim once. Its just bound to happen- I tanked the GRE the first time. I also have realized I am taking stats this fall- and now I am rethinking that a little bit. And I have a book review that is unwritten (and the book is mostly unread).

posted by knit wit | 8/20/2004 09:04:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com