grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
my campaign 04 ipod mix
home stretch
Michaels!
AWOL again
why bush really needs to go
shamelessness
so says Sir Edwin
presidential debate 2
moonshadow
another excuse


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, October 18, 2004
15 days folks

Today was the day I had pegged as a good day for an October Surprise. But, I guess I was wrong. I still think an October Surprise is likely (as I wrote about here. Either Bin Laden will be dragged out, or the one I fear most would some kind of terrorist attack or one that seems to have been prevented or stopped. Actually, now I am kind of leaning away from the October Surprise and towards just a huge, drawn out election fiasco. I'll stay up election night to watch the returns come in but I would be surprised if we actually knew who won at the end of the night. There are already voting problems in Florida's pre-voting today. So, I think the fight will come afterwards. And I just hope the democrats are prepared for a fight. Let me just say, I believe if the election were honest (and I have little/no faith of that) that Kerry would win by a landslide. So, the news tonight is focused on Bush as a religious zealot. Jeez, are they just figuring that out now? Well, I think it is wonderful that they are airing Bush's evangelical beliefs because it will turn off moderate voter. At least I hope it does. I've read and heard some great political commentary in the past couple days about this (including the piece in this past Sunday's NYTimes Magazine). Basically, it seems that the reason why Bush doesn't feel his actions or ideologies need explaining is because they are unexplainable as they are rooted in religious doctrine and the fact the Bush feels that god has ordained him to rule right now. This appeals to a very small number of folks in this country so the more the media makes of it the better.

posted by knit wit | 10/18/2004 09:59:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com