grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
home stretch
Michaels!
AWOL again
why bush really needs to go
shamelessness
so says Sir Edwin
presidential debate 2
moonshadow
another excuse
mt. elbow


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Sunday, October 17, 2004
my campaign 04 ipod mix

I just figured out that I can export song lists from itunes. So, below is the mix I made for this presidential campaign season. I have been listening to this non stop for the last couple weeks and I will continue to do so. It keeps me sane. I am especially struck by REM's new song "Leaving New York". Sometimes I just play that one over and over again. I haven't really loved an REM album since "Automatic for the People" came out in 1992. The last 12 years of REM just hasn't done anything for me like earlier REM (Green, Out of Time, Dead Letter Office). I love "Around the Sun" b/c it is a throw back to old REM. Okay, here is my mix: "Go"-Indigo Girls (Retrospective) "Leaving New York" -R.E.M. (Around The Sun) "I Want To Live In A Wigwam" -Cat Stevens (Footsteps In The Dark) "Tether" -Indigo Girls (All That We Let In) "Coming Up" -Ani DiFranco (Not A Pretty Girl) "Monty Got A Raw Deal" -R.E.M. (Automatic For The People) "Going Down" -Ani DiFranco (Dilate) "America" -Simon & Garfunkel (Bookends) "Faye Tucker" -Indigo Girls (Come On Now Social) "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" -Tears For Fears (Tears Roll Down) "Self Evident" -Ani DiFranco (So Much Shouting So Much Laughter) "Radio Song" -R.E.M. (Out Of Time) "Peace Train" -Cat Stevens (Greatest Hits) "To The Teeth" -Ani DiFranco (To The Teeth) "All that we let in" -Indigo Girls (All That We Let In) "Deja Vu" -Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (So Far) "Your Next Bold Move" -Ani DiFranco (Reckoning) "World Leader Pretend" -R.E.M. (Green) "Our Deliverance" -Indigo Girls (Become You) "Fuel" -Ani DiFranco (Little Plastic Castle) "7 O'Clock News/Silent Night" -Simon & Garfunkel (Parsley, Sage, Rosemary And Thyme) "Trouble" -Indigo Girls (Retrospective) "Us And Them" -Pink Floyd (Dark Side Of The Moon) "The Only Living Boy In New York" -Simon & Garfunkel (Bridge Over Troubled Water) "Everything In Its Own Time" -Indigo Girls (Shaming Of The Sun) "Hello Birmingham" -Ani DiFranco (To The Teeth) "It's the End of the World as We Know it" -R.E.M. (Green) I know, my mixes are always heavy on the Indigo Girls and Ani Difranco but they have some especially good political songs.

posted by knit wit | 10/17/2004 01:22:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com