grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
presidential debate 2
moonshadow
another excuse
mt. elbow
excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses
"d-day" or something...
stubborness
ugh
october surprise
sheeple


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
so says Sir Edwin

Tonight my blog posting is inspired by Reba- somthing she thought was funny, and another thing she said I should post. I have been in a slight blogging slump lately. Mostly because I am so focused on my getting my goddamn masters thesis done that someone literally needs to hit me over the head with something else to get me to pay attention to it. And also I have been slighty overwhelmed by the presidential election and busy soaking up all the news from as many sources as I possibly can. It would be so much easier to think in soundbites like repugs do. I guess today I said "the funniest thing I have ever said" (or so says Reba). We were having a conversation about theory seminars for graduates and also teaching gender to undergrads in our department. Reba kept referring to "juicy feminist theory" which was so funny. At some point after that I suggested that maybe feminist theorists should be rated on their "juicy-ness". I guess this was the funniest thing I ever said. I kind of hope I have been funnier than that. But, perhaps not. I have also been having a lot of political dreams lately. Actually, I mostly either have dreams about dogsitting for my advisor, or political dreams. (Jeez- I wonder what that says about me- a perpetual dogsitter stuck in the worst election ever) So, I had a dream the other night that I was physically shaking Donald Rumsfeld. Like really shaking him hard and I was really angry at him. I have also had dreams about voting. I've had dreams where I am campaigning for Kerry. I had a dream a while back where Bush tried to give me a birthday card and I rejected it.

posted by knit wit | 10/12/2004 09:48:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com