grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
only 4 more days!
doubleplusgood
random creepy thing (2)
okay, now that test is out of the way.
one week to go...
random creepy things (1)
what to do when you have too much to do
ralph, what are you doing?
nerves
15 days folks


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, November 01, 2004
I'm nervous, okay?

So today I have been home being nervous. Actually, I should say first that I believe it will be a landslide for Kerry, but the voter suppression scares the fuck out of me. I listened to Randi Rhodes for a while on Air America this afternoon but her honesty even scared me. So, I did all the reading for my class tomorrow. I haven't worked on my thesis since early this past weekend. I actually watched most of a football game (the Packers beating the Redskins) on Sunday (for those of you who know me this is highly strange). I watched a couple spooky movies with my monster girl as well. And I've been knitting like crazy. I am just filled with anxiety. I can't concentrate on anything- I tried and it just doesn't work. The news keeps saying "the race is tied" and republicans on the news are suffering from delusions. Some pundits on Hardball actually sounded positive for Kerry but no one on the news seems capable of admitting that the high voter turn out they are predicting is great for Kerry. I can't wait to cast my vote tomorrow- to fire Bush myself. I can't wait for this to be over. Please, no more years of Bush. Please, no more years of Bush. Please, no more years of Bush. I'll go back to the Democratic Underground now. PS: I also must mention the lovely blogger dinner I went to Saturday night with fellow bloggers. Wonderful food and fun. I unfortunately left and drove through downtown Madison just as the the 75,000 students started to arrive for the halloween party/riots. I was stuck in traffic of cars and people, with guys in tights running around my car. I locked my doors. I was afraid. There was partying going on around me like I have never seen before. Thank goodness I spent my formative driving years in and around nyc b/c I pulled out some crazy and effective NY driving moves and got out of there fast. Then, I got flicked off by a guy in an SUV with a Bush sticker. I flicked him off back and he stuck his tongue out at me. It was hilarious.

posted by knit wit | 11/01/2004 08:24:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com