grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
stop the semester now- I want off
5 minutes of the news was all it took
a warrant
the apple gods are with me
classic Knit Wit comedy
the best present ever
So how well do you think you know me?
there's more to life than this
wonderful time of the semester
a cold bath


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
no more drafts

I finally (and kind of easily, actually) have a date and time for my thesis defense. Monday Dec. 13th at 10am. I emailed my advisor about it earler and suggested she might want to read some parts of my thesis again that I changed a lot since the last draft. Nope. She doesn't. She said she has said all she has to say about it*. She cc'd everyone on my committee so I guess that is the final word then. Now all of a sudden, after months of cringing at the words "one more draft" I'd really like one more draft please. What if I get all freaked out in the next week, decide the thesis sucks and start cutting and changing it with reckless abandon? What if the last round of changes I made as per comments from the last draft was totally off track and crazy? And shouldn't I have someone spell and grammar check this thing before it goes out on its own to some room in Memorial Library? Everyone knows I suck at spelling. This is all very exciting yet completely torturous all at once. This is the stuff that keeps me from falling back to sleep when my cat wakes me up at 3am. The thinking-about-how-much-everything-I-have-done-could-be-wrong thoughts. *I wonder how true that really is considering there are articles to get out of this next semester.

posted by knit wit | 11/30/2004 06:41:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com