grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
ginger snaps
holidaze in Maine
post from the airport
the reason for the season
very last thing
classic knit wit #2
a self-reflective blog entry
just letting you know
I have to post this
knitting & the big screen


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, December 27, 2004
let it snow

We might not have had a white christmas here in Maine, but today we have lots of snow. I haven't blogged as much as I thought I would from Maine. It took me a couple days to really unwind when I got here but now I have been doing nothing else but drinking, eating and sleeping. So, here is a snapshot of the past few days:
  • 4: the number of trips made to walmart with various people who needed last minute christmas gifts (walmart is the only store in the area, unfortunately)
  • 30+: the number of W'04 stickers seen on cars/trucks/suvs
  • 3: the number of trips in one day (12/24) made to Bookland, the bookstore I used to work at in HS
  • 1 bottle of very good tequila shared with my brother over the 2 nights he was here
  • 1 game of the Simpson's Clue played with the family
  • 4+: glasses of Bailey's sipped while watching movies and playing Clue
  • 5+: the number of conversations with people my parents know and I barely remember
  • 15: the number of times my fafa (grandfather) told me he was proud of me for getting an masters degree
  • 4: the number of adults (dad, maryann, donald and I) squished together on the couch christmas eve for the traditional reading of "the night before christmas"
  • 2: the number of scarves knit (1 for dad and 1 for mom)
  • 1 hat knit (sister)
  • 1 trip to Halcyon Yarns to spend a chirstmas gift certificate
  • 4: the number of skeins of Noro Big Kureyon purchased at Halcyon for 64 dollars
  • 3: the number of stockings stuffed by my mother who will stuff stockings for us until I am at least 40
  • 10+: the number of hours spent looking up ancesters online
  • Kent, England: where my mother's side of the family comes from
  • 10+: the number of hours spent playing Sim City with sister
I promise that I will post pictures soon!


posted by knit wit | 12/27/2004 09:33:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com