grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
no more drafts
stop the semester now- I want off
5 minutes of the news was all it took
a warrant
the apple gods are with me
classic Knit Wit comedy
the best present ever
So how well do you think you know me?
there's more to life than this
wonderful time of the semester


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, December 02, 2004
random things

I worked for 4 hours at Borders last night. They've been bugging me about doing some holiday hours and since I hadn't worked since August I decided a few hours wouldn't kill me. It was actually very relaxing. I wasn't near any work I needed to do for school and I got to browse the new books and chat with some employees I haven't seen in a long time. * I looked up a book for a customer and found it for him (a pretty usual occurrence). When I found it he was so thrilled he asked me if I had a degree in library sciences to be able to do this. Now, I've worked in bookstores since high school and I have heard a lot of strange questions- but nothing like that. I laughed and told him no and he acted really surprised "well you're very good at what you do- I am glad you were here tonight to help me find this". I did nothing extra-ordinary for him so I just say "um, thanks and you're welcome". His next question was another first "do you sell beer here because I've had a bad day and I could sure use one". I answered "um- no. I wish we did, but no". He thanked me again for being there to help him and left. * I had a woman ask me for Barak Obama's book. I honestly had forgotten he had written one, so I chatted a little with the woman about it while I walked her to the section. I said something like "oh I didn't realize he had written a book, I should read it". She said "well I am a staunch republican but I love Barak". I think I might have flinched noticeably. I haven't interacted (to my knowledge) with a Bush supported in I don't know how long (the last time I worked at Borders, probably). I said how much I liked him too and she went and bought the book. How very odd. * (unrelated to Borders) I couldn't sleep again last night. It wasn't even that my cat woke me up- I woke up on my own in a cold sweat about how much my literature review sucks. I couldn't get back to sleep so I took 2 Tylenol PM. It was like someone hit me with a ton of bricks, I was out so fast. I slept through 2 alarms and Jo couldn't even wake me up so she let me sleep in. Ugh. I have to go to work.

posted by knit wit | 12/02/2004 09:13:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com