grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
time, time, time what has become of me?
most loathsome
musical funk
a mystery
37?
snowed in
expectations
mourning
human intelligence
hazy shade of winter


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, January 31, 2005
Miami

I'll post details about my trip to Miami for the SWS meeting later on today when I am more awake. I slept about 12 hours last night- to give you an idea why... 11pm Saturday: got back to the hotel after an evening in South Beach 12am Sunday: still listening to my roommate yell at Delta airlines on the phone because her flight was cancelled and they couldn't fly her out until Tuesday. 1am Sunday: approx. time I fell asleep. 4:30am Sunday: got up 5am: airport shuttle to airport 6am: still in line at NW check in- checking in with eticket machine said "please see agent" 6:15am: talk to agent who sends me to Continental. The first leg of my trip (to Houstan) is through continental. 6:25am: fed up with the huge line at continental, I followed the lead of some guy who also thought that those with no bags to check should not be standing in line with those who do. We cut in the front to use the eticket machines that were not, for some reason, set off to the side. 6:30am: rushed through security 6:40am: on the plane 6:50am: plane takes off 20 minutes late. 8:35am: plane lands in Houston, George Bush International Aiport (do they have to keep saying that?) 8:40am: stewards ask people to remain seated as some of us have tight connections and need to get off first. No one pays attention. My next flight: 9:04 on a different airline. A nice elderly couple with a strong southern drawl helps me pass my lugguge down through the aisle and tells the crowd of clueless people I need to get off now. They were so sweet and I didn't even get to thank them! 8:45am-9:05am: ran through Houston airport like a crazy person with clogs on. Clogs are great for going through security and taking off your shoes but suck for running. They held the plane for me and rushed me onto it as I ran toward the gate. All the flights were full b/c of the weather in Atlanta so I doubt I would have been able to get another flight. I collapsed in my seat, exhausted and hungry. I think I got shinsplints- my shins and legs hurt so badly. I know I say I love to travel- but sometimes it really is a pain. But, after sleeping for 12 hours and after a wonderful weekend with the most wonderful people, I feel recharged and reinspired. Well, first I need to have some coffee. I'll post more details about my trip later on.

posted by knit wit | 1/31/2005 07:13:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com