grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
expectations
mourning
human intelligence
hazy shade of winter
the privileged speak
because he's hiding.
nerdiness
something smells like onions
gay sex bombs?
so let me get this straight-


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Saturday, January 22, 2005
snowed in

We are truly snowed in this morning. I called the city (because they never plow our street) and they told me they started plowing small streets around 7am and it would take 10-12 hours to get everyone plowed out! In the mean time, I tried to move our car out of the driveway so that they could plow the driveway decently, and now my car is very stuck on the side of the road. We wanted to run all kinds of errands today- but we aren't going anywhere until they plow! I was supposed to take the visiting professor to the aiport this morning but she called very early and insisted that she take a cab because of the snow. Now that I know picking her up would have been impossible, it is for the best. I went back to sleep after she called and woke up remembering that she had told me I could "call her anytime about my research". Huh? I thought it must have been a dream but Jo could hear both sides of the phone call and told me it wasn't. Jeez. Now that is just insane. So, her visit went just so wonderfully- I feel newly inspired/motivated to work. Anything that does that is always welcome. But, I think I'll make hot chocolate and watch some tv for a while first. Maybe we'll even make a snowperson later!

posted by knit wit | 1/22/2005 11:14:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com