grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
most loathsome
musical funk
a mystery
37?
snowed in
expectations
mourning
human intelligence
hazy shade of winter
the privileged speak


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
time, time, time what has become of me?

3:25 is when my seminar is! That's right- 3:25pm until 5:25pm. No- I am doing it again. I planned on blogging about how I went to my seminar at 3:25 instead of the actual class time of 2:25. That's right- 1 hour late. And I sat down- not understanding why everyone was already deep in conversation until I saw my syllabus and it said 2:25-5:25. So, why then even in the beginning of this blog post do I insist again on the time of the course being 3:25? What the hell is wrong with me. ehem- Let's start this post again- 2:25 is when my seminar is! That's right- 2:25pm until 5:25pm. Why I kept insisting all day today that the class began at 3:25, I don't know. At 3pm I even stopped by the TA office to say hi to people and sit for a couple minutes. Then, I walked in late to my seminar and felt like shit for a while. I think it is time to set that annoying alarm on my palm pilot. I also screwed something up at work this week (involving the incorrect grant application being loaded onto the server for only a few hours but enough time to make everyone I work for panic). It was a major momentary lapse of reason for me when I made the mistake- I have no idea what I was thinking. This is not the only such incident- lately I forget everything. I need to start writing myself post-it notes insisting things like: "Remember lunch", "bring book to school", "go to the bank", or "print readings for class". Writing post-its isn't so bad, but what I am more worried about is the time lapse issue. I never used be late for anything- I'd do whatever it took to get to work a few minutes early or be at the bus stop nice and early. I wake up with plenty of time before I need to make the bus. I drink my coffee. I read the news, blogs etc... take a shower, eat something and head out the door on time. Instead I get sidetracked. Let's say I have 5 minutes before I have to leave. 10 minutes later I have checked the weather channel and changed my shoes and have missed the bus. It's like I have no sense of time. If I told you how many buses I tried to make every morning but didn't, it would be embarrassing. It is a joke now with Jo- she'll ask what bus I am taking to school and when I answer she'll laugh and say "yeah right". Changing topics now... I am leaving for Miami tomorrow and I just packed. I packed way more clothing than I need for a 3 day conference, but in this very cold winter, I seem to have forgotten what 80 degrees feels like, so I packed a variety of clothes. Its a conference for feminist sociologists and I just can't wait to be there. Anyway- I know it was just 6 weeks ago that I was dying to leave Madison- and again, here I am dying to leave Madison. Its not so much Madison itself- I need a break from things like work, and group blogs I should refrain from posting in for a while b/c I just get irritated. I will miss my usual blog reads though! I won't be blogging from the airport or hotel or anything as that just costs money so I'll fill you in on my first time among palm trees when I get back (that's right folks, I've never seen a palm tree).

posted by knit wit | 1/26/2005 09:52:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com