grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
finished
how do folks get to my blog?
eating out in the Mad City
obligitory Gates posting
money*
mundane dreams
Monday night
inventory
best of times
I can't talk to you, I'm thinking.


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
2 whole weeks

Jo is going to NYC for 2 whole weeks. She leaves this Friday. I am so very excited for her- she'll get to see all our wonderful friends and get in some quality time in the city! She'll be doing wonderful things like getting lost in the Strand, having a beer at the Gingerman and riding the LIRR to E. Northport! I will also miss having her around. We aren't necessarily co-dependent, but we like just being around each other. Just doing different things in the same apartment is good for us. So, these next two weeks will seem kind of empty, but I'll try to capitalize on that solitude by getting some serious turning-the-masters-into-an-article done. We'll have to see how that progresses. I have worked on it- made tons of notes, actually read through the notes from my defense (not so painful a couple months later) and I have started a file called "article1.doc". The process of deleting extraneous (yes, repetitive and even rambling) info, telling 1 coherent story, citing all the right people, not having a lit review that sucks, all while sticking to the prescribed article format is fucking terrifying. When did I tell my advisor I would send something to her? Beginning of February? Yikes. I think I'll need to buy some more beer to tackle that this weekend. Yup, folks, my prescription for writer's block and adjustment to academia (without becoming a tool) is a nice dark beer (or 2). Since I got out of my class this evening I have done nothing (watched TV and ate dinner mostly) and I have a million things I ought to be doing. There are always a million things I ought to be doing and I am becoming okay with that. But after staying up very late last night writing and reading Bourdieu's analysis of Algeria (if you don't know, it isn't worth explaining- really), tonight I might just take a bath and get into bed. (and then maybe I'll do some work)

posted by knit wit | 2/23/2005 07:37:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com