grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
dear blog
saturday night
knuckle down
calling it quits
straight up now
turning over a new something
Miami details
Miami
time, time, time what has become of me?
most loathsome


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, February 10, 2005
I can't talk to you, I'm thinking.

[i know i posted that i was too busy to post. i am still busy to post, but blogging is so great in terms of procrastinating...] okay, here's the thing. I hate talking to people on the bus. I hate seeing people I know on the bus and feeling pressured to talk to them out of some strange social obligation. It used to be that no one I knew road my busline, but now there are a few people that do and we seem to ride it the same time every day. Sometimes I pretend I don't see them when they get on the bus. Isn't that terrible of me? Don't think that I don't like these people who I know who ride the bus with me. They're nice and all. I would love to hang out with them, but not on the bus. I loathe small-talk, idle conversation and "chatting" about things like classes, work, the traffic, and weather. I'd rather be left to just think and zone out. My bus ride to school and back is my quiet time with my ipod and a book (sometimes I don't read at all- I love staring out the window). So, I don't want to have to talk to you (or feel bad if I don't) if you sit next to me because you know me a little bit. I'm not that cool, really. I'd rather be left alone. Is that rude of me? Is it mean? I feel just like Ralph in the movie A Christmas Story. As he is standing in line waiting to meet Santa at the department store, some people dressed as Wizard of Oz characters come by singing and dancing and try to talk to him. He responds "I can't talk to you now, I am thinking." I miss my rides into penn station and then on the subway all by myself. I didn't know anyone and the chance of running into someone I knew was pretty small. I actually did once see some friends of mine on the platform of the 4th street station. I was on the train slowing going by them. We waved and laughed at the randomness of it. so, if you see me on the bus just wave and smile and then sit somewhere else and I'll really appreciate it.

posted by knit wit | 2/10/2005 10:08:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com