grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
random meanderings
new knitting project
*self preservation*
what more do people want from me?
the morning news
**yawn**
the intersections of defense spending and my homet...
bon voyage Maryann!
blogging news
& the train wreck comes to a momentary stop.


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Saturday, March 12, 2005
around the internet

In my little break from writing (well not so much actual writing as so far today I have been tediously editing for passive voice and deleting, deleting and more deleting) I've been checking out my various frequently visited places on the internet and I thought I'd share some things I found. My favorite photography blog, Satan's Laundromat, has posted highlights of the best pictures from the past year (here). The brilliant found photo blog, Big Happy Fun House, as an especially interesting picture of a cell phone ad from 1985 here. Forgotten NY has added (just today!) a new phototour of the oldest bars in Manhatten (here)! I've been to Chumley's a lot- its one of my favorite bars in the city. I've also been to the White Horse Tavern and McSorley's. The beer at McSorley's is just wonderful and all the interesting pictures on the walls (and the wishbones) made me kind of rude and non-conversational with the people I was with the last time I hung out there. I added a link to a newly discovered blog, Views From a Broad. Not only did I find this blog through Nina's Ocean, but the owner of Views From a Broad found me the same way. She is also a knitter! Also, her post today about rats in manhatten is especially funny. Jo just got back from the city and reported that since Bloomberg cut all funding for rat-control, rats are now all over the place! Its snowing in Maine again today. My parents informed me that everything is cancelled so that storm must be pretty big. It takes a lot of snow to shut Maine down. If you're feeling sad about the March snow here in Madison, check out the accumulating snow in my hometown on this live webcam of exciting downtown Bath!

posted by knit wit | 3/12/2005 02:07:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com