grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
My sister's trip to Spain
another mythic standard bites the grad school dust...
So this is your compassion and your "culture of li...
more gross
gross
strange dream
adventures in dogsitting
a culture of life?
Monday Morning
2 good things


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
crushing

I've had a crushing headache for what is now the 2nd day. It literally feels like the right side of my head is slowly crushing in. Yesterday work was crazy, in trying to do all that I needed to get done, I stayed late instead of leaving early. I've tried all my usual headache remedies (not all at once)- heat, excedrin, more caffeine, a hot bath, aleive, and even a beer at the writing workshop last night. The beer helped for a little while, but then when I got home it got worse again. Anyway, it is a little bit duller today, but I am already thinking of how I can lighten the work I have to do so I really get rid of the headache and avoid having it come back. On another topic, we had a writing workshop last night and everyone read a draft of my article. I knew it would be helpful, but I had no idea how very helpful it would be. I feel actually good about having a draft done, and not discouraged about knowing the work I have to do next. And I feel that what I have to do next is really clear and not so daunting. It was just great. Now to get through today and get ready for MSS this week. Do I even have anything to wear that looks decently professional? Edit: I left out the bolded word "not" above. I don't know why. It wasn't some kind of Freudian-typo. I really don't feel discouraged at all. In terms of the ups and downs of grad school, this would be an "up." Honestly. I am just disturbed that it said that here all day!

posted by knit wit | 3/29/2005 08:02:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com