grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
gross
strange dream
adventures in dogsitting
a culture of life?
Monday Morning
2 good things
things I am insanely tired of
hey mother nature
wake up call
easter candy


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Friday, March 25, 2005
more gross

Next door there is a little Toto-like dog, Emmett. This one is more like a long mop of walking hair- all different colors and wiry- the kind of yippy little dog that I'm not usually a big fan of. Emmett and the dog I am dogsitting share a fenced in back yard. Emmett is always out there barking to come in. It kind of seems like Emmett loves the dog I am dogsitting for. He waddles along behind her (less than half her height) and watches her every move in the backyard. I think he wants to be her friend, but she is not really interested. She loves people, not so much other dogs. Our Abyssinian is the same way- she loves people and is not really into other cats. So, she ignores Emmett. And if Emmett gets too close to me, she barks at him. Well, I think tonight Emmett had enough of being all but ignored. Or maybe Emmett was mad for having his backyard territory invaded by another dog. Whatever it was, I was the recipient of something not-so-nice from the little mop-haired Toto-dog. At the end of my walk this evening, I slowly opened the gate to the back yard so I wouldn't let Emmett out. As I did this and walked into the backyard, Emmett walked up to me and lifted his leg on me. Yes, the dog peed on my shoe. I was stunned- a dog, lifting his leg on me like I was a tree or fire hydrant! Fortunately, I moved my shoe quickly so not much landed on it. I am very lucky I was wearing my water-proof hiking boots and not my suede birks I had been wearing all day. My shoe is washed and drying as I type. Just a little bit more *gross* to end my day with.

posted by knit wit | 3/25/2005 09:57:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com