grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
what more do people want from me?
the morning news
**yawn**
the intersections of defense spending and my homet...
bon voyage Maryann!
blogging news
& the train wreck comes to a momentary stop.
goodies from the city* (goodies from the sea)
one pissed off bean.
wine-o


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
*self preservation*

In the interest of self preservation I am taking the following (somewhat radical) steps.
  1. Comments are shut off. Email me instead if you have something to say about a post. This isn't directed at anyone person who might have commented, but I would like to try to keep the "mean spiritedness" from some other blogs from invading my own little blog. I'll miss most of the comments. I really will. But, they must go.
  2. If you are an especially mean person- mean to other people for no reason, either on a blog or not on a blog, I am going to steer clear of you. My choice is not to have that crap in my life. So, if you have a blog that attracts mean comments, I probably won't be reading it any more. I used to think pretentiousness drove me crazy- now meanness might be taking its place. Now there is nothing like someone being mean to make themselves feel better to drive me up the freakin' wall. This has been brewing for a long time online and offline. Recent events are only the straw that broke my little blog's back.
  3. I'm just going to be getting some serious work done- okay? And it is going to lead to some publishing so that I can finish, get a job and get the hell out of here. I am going to stay far away from drama, further away than ever before. And I'll be much, much happier.
And you want to know what else? My blog is going to remain as it is (as I feel like posting in it). It won't be about sociology. It won't be about thinking critically. Jeez. Everything else in my world is about those things- why would I want a blog like that too? It will be meandering. It will sometimes be about knitting. It will be about my struggle to get through grad school. It will sometimes be a place for me to vent about politics or whatever. It will be about trying to have a life. And if my mother, sister, some fellow knitters, and a few good friends are the only people reading it, that is perfectly fine with me. As a side note- I realized today (thank you, Reba) that I so miserable b/c I am not getting my own work done. Nothing makes me more miserable. So, part of why I am going to hide myself away for a while is to accomplish some stuff that means so much more to me than arguing on blogs.


posted by knit wit | 3/09/2005 05:55:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com