grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
adventures in dogsitting
a culture of life?
Monday Morning
2 good things
things I am insanely tired of
hey mother nature
wake up call
easter candy
around the internet
random meanderings


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, March 24, 2005
strange dream

I always dream a lot, sometimes I remember them and sometimes I don't. This morning I remember having an especially odd dream last night. The first part was about Fiona Apple's new album coming out. Sony had finally released it to her and she was able to release it on an independent label. I was listening to it in my dream and it was great. It's not like I have thought about how her new album is being held hostage by Sony in a while, so I am not sure how this dream came to be. Although it would be great if she could release it- I do think she is one of the most talented new artists of the past decade. The 2nd part of the dream was about my presentation coming up at MSS. The usual presentation-goes-terribly-wrong panic dream where I couldn't remember what I was talking about and didn't have any notes with me. And someone in the (small) audience stood up and asked "why is it you are using feminist theory" and I signed dramatically and said I was "tired of explaining the obvious about feminist theory." I think that last part is pretty funny as I can't imagine actually giving that as an answer at a conference, although it would be awesome. The dream did remind me that I ought to be thinking about the conference presentation (my first) that is a week from Tuesday. Holy crap! With the exception of yesterday and the doggy-drama (the dog is lying here next to me and is fine now) I felt like I got a lot of work done in the first few days of spring break- I really did do quite a bit. So, why is it that now I realize I have so much more to do? Yikes. Seriously, folks, I better focus on getting tons of work finished. Because the week after this "break" will be filled with reading for class again, and then going to the conference. If I am going to get caught up, its going to have to be now. update: the dream about Fiona Apple made me google around again about the status of the album. Its been leaked!! High quality available on bittorrent!! I'm downloading it now. Take that, Sony. Want the torrent? Email me.

posted by knit wit | 3/24/2005 07:37:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com