grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
goodies from the city* (goodies from the sea)
one pissed off bean.
wine-o
unexpected
sociology shindig
literarily deficient
his papal-ness
2 whole weeks
finished
how do folks get to my blog?


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, March 03, 2005
& the train wreck comes to a momentary stop.

I should have known when I was falling asleep last night at 9:30, that I was coming down with something. I went to class and to work today, but as soon as I got to work I started really feeling yucky. My moaning and groaning while frantically trying to make the various website updates people wanted me to make, was not making my office mate a happy camper. She finally told me to go home, and I off I went. What sucked is that I needed groceries. A person can't just come home and be sick without stuff in the house, and with no Jo to get stuff for me, I went to Woodman's and rolled my cart around the store like a zombie. I tried to pick up healthy food- oatmeal, salad, lentils & rice, orange juice etc... Maybe my recent too-busy-to-cook-much pasta diet hasn't been so great after all. So, why the title you might ask? Well, I was thinking this morning about the so-called "post MS blues" (someone emailed me and used this phrase) and how in my post-thesis defense, I am not really feeling blue. Instead, I feel like I am the passenger on an out of control train wreck, and I just have to hang on as all the cars of crap (weekly papers, conference presentations, reading etc...) smash into each other one after the other. I know that's a bit dramatic, but hey, at one point I was in a drama major. So, even though I hate being sick and feeling like I can't concentrate on whatever I need to do, it is welcome to be able to spend the rest of tonight on the couch feeling too yucky to feel guilty about it. I don't even care what is on the tv, I feel so yucky. Jeez. How silly is it that I am almost 28, and still I have to call my mom and tell her when I am sick and how crappy I feel? She isn't going to do anything about it, she is far away, but somehow I just feel like I must let her know.

posted by knit wit | 3/03/2005 05:22:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com