grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
tinfoil hat
walmart
is nothing sacred?
spring street*
how do folks get to my blog (2)
back from the twin cities...
I haven't left yet...
conference time
ordinary interactions
day two


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Saturday, April 09, 2005
"drinkers with a running problem"

There is a path in the field, across the creek in our backyard and we frequently see people jogging or walking their dogs on it. Well, this evening I was sitting in the kitchen, and looked up to see a bride, bridesmaids, flowergirls and a groom running on the path across the creek. I immediately thought this must have been some kind of wedding-induced spontaneous romp in a field. But then, a few more brides went by, complete with vales and flowers. Then some more grooms, and a bunch of bridesmaids and finally, an old man in a wedding dress walking further behind them. I was stumped- what the hell goes on here anyway? I stopped into Woodman's to get some potatoes for dinner later on. On my way out to my car, a woman in the car next to mine asked "are you Knit Wit?" I nodded and she said "I'm not stalking you, I was the person who took a picture of your car for the Capital Times last summer and I recognized your car" (For those who don't remember check this out.) We laughed about how my car ended up on a billboard for a couple minutes, and then I noticed she was wearing a frilly yellow bridesmaid-type dress. So, I decided to ask about it, even though it seemed incredibly rude. I mean, what if she had really been in an afternoon wedding. I asked "Why are you wearing that" and then I quickly added "I'm asking because before when I was at home I saw a bunch of people running around across the creek in wedding garb." She replied, "yes, I was there!" and then I proceeded to explain why it was so strange- all those brides, grooms, bridesmaids and even the old man in the dress running around across the creek. She explained: "Oh- it is our "Drinkers with a Running Problem" group." She offered this explanation as if it not only made perfect sense, but as if it cleared up all that was strange about the people running around in wedding garb. Needless to say it did neither. We laughed awkwardly and I said goodbye and drove away. Now, what exactly is a "drinkers with a running problem" group? Why were there also children there- dressed as flower girls and ring bearers?

posted by knit wit | 4/09/2005 09:27:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com