grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
is nothing sacred?
spring street*
how do folks get to my blog (2)
back from the twin cities...
I haven't left yet...
conference time
ordinary interactions
day two
crushing
My sister's trip to Spain


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Friday, April 08, 2005
walmart

Yes, I went to the evil walmart today. I had to go. My aunt got me a gift certificate there for my birthday. Clearly, she doesn't know me very well as anyone who does knows how much I loath walmart. Well, I guess I didn't have to go today. I did it to put off the work I am re-doing b/c my computer died the other day. I actually went to walmart to procrastinate in a new and different way. (And notice that now I am procrastinating again by blogging!) I spent an hour in walmart trying to figure out how to spend $50 bucks. I got one of those usb "jump drives," but with walmart's rolling back prices, it was only $19. I wandered around the store in a near daze. The place is so crammed with stuff it is overwhelming. They had a few different radios in different parts of the store playing-- that's right-- walmart commercials!! I felt like I should have been wearing a tinfoil hat to keep the propaganda out. I ended up with the jump drive, a salad spinner, a nifty battery-operated toothbrush, a notebook, and some not needed but too cheap not to buy tupperware. I feel like there must have been something else I bought, but probably not, just stuff that when you get it home it is like you bought nothing at all. My laptop is going in for repair- they are sending out a box for it today. I have tons to do this weekend, and I lost some work I didn't back up quickly enough, so I am not really pleased with this. My backup computer is my old, orange ibook. It is about 1/20 of the power and memory as my current computer, and I installed the latest operating system on it so it is stretched way too thin and doesn't work so great. Thus, the jump drive to back things up periodically. I am absolutely thrilled with the greenness of the grass. And I sat out on the roof today for a while with some coworkers and the sun felt so good. But, I could feel myself burning. Oh yeah- that's the other thing I bought at walmart- 2 different kinds of spf 45 sunscreen.

posted by knit wit | 4/08/2005 05:14:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com