grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
homemade sushi
and what's wrong with the people of Maine?
small things
the light at the end of the tunnel?
yeah, yeah...
ixnay on the eerbay
hometown disgust
Minerva
God's got the Hefty Bag
knitting news


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, May 16, 2005
back to the Monday morning rant

Why does last night's episode of Desperate Housewives make the morning news as if the made-up (and it seems to also be badly acted) TV show is really real news happening? Every single Monday morning on the news they talk about this show. What about other real news going on the world? Or would that just be too upsetting for our cushie American-wanna-be-desperate-housewives lives? It also slowly kills me that shows like this are so popular. I mean, that's fine, if people love watching them then so be it- just don't make it a part of my morning news. And what about amazing, brilliant, and thoughtful shows like Dead Like Me, that get canceled after only two seasons? I will have to buy that show on DVD, but the fact it won't be on again just breaks my heart. And we are also coming up on the last season of Six Feet Under. Jo and I have been religiously hooked on this show since the 1st season. I can understand not wanting a show to go on too long- ending sooner rather than later is always wise. It will just be very sad to see that incredible show end. Don't get me wrong. I love "escape TV" as much as anyone. I have some shows that if I sit down and turn on the tube and they're on, I will watch. They make me feel a little better if I am stressed out. Actually, I'll just confess to thoroughly enjoying them. They are all reruns. Six Feet Under was really the first show I became addicted to that wasn't being rerun already. Leave it to Beaver Little House on the Prairie [I've watched this since I was little. I still do even though I've seen them all and the high Michael Landon drama is sometimes too much to handle] The Golden Girls South Park [nothing else cracks me up like this show] All in the Family Columbo [just good, intelligent mysteries] Everybody Loves Raymond [we started watching this after moving here from LI. This show is so LI it is just very endearing and funny.]

posted by knit wit | 5/16/2005 07:44:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com