grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
unnecessary detail
oh. my. god.
nothing better to post
Yankee, indeed.
exciting news!
kid fears
a windy canoe trip
is it Friday already?
"hey it's me, I'm on the bus"
a little insomnia goes a long way


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Sunday, May 01, 2005
knitting news

Confession: I haven't been knitting much. I have a bunch of works-in-progress that haven't advanced too far recently. Why? Well, I usually knit by TV/movie (either watching myself, or just hanging out with Jo while she watches). Since getting wireless, and since having tons of non-writing work to do (databases, websites etc...) I have been doing more actual work on the computer in our living room than knitting. This makes me sad, yes, but this semester has been all about getting work done whenever possible. But, I know I need to start knitting again. I need something to help me relax and shut down my brain when I am not studying/working/writing. I can imagine knitting on the canoe, while Jo reads, in the middle of a lake. This will help me to keep sane over the summer (to "stay sane inside insanity" as the line from Rocky Horror goes). So, to give my knitting motivation a boost, Jo and I went to the yarn store yesterday. And here is what I came home with! Image hosted by Photobucket.com And don't the colors go with my blog so well? I didn't mean to do that- these are just the colors I love. Yummy, yummy Cotton Patine Designer's Choice yarn by Elsebeth Lavold in 4 beautiful colors. This yarn is so wonderfully soft and the colors are exactly what I had in mind. I am making a cardigan with it (yes, I know, I love making cardigans). I have a couple patterns to start me off, but mostly I am going to make it up as I go. I am going to knit it in the round so I can try it on along the way. This way it will really fit, unlike other cardigan patterns I've followed that needed a lot of blocking to make the arms and torso long enough. I don't know how the stripes will go yet though. I might have to use photoshop and/or my crayons to make up the striping pattern. But, before I start I am going to finish those pesky unfinished projects (um, knitting projects, that is). I swear.

posted by knit wit | 5/01/2005 01:59:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com