grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
ixnay on the eerbay
hometown disgust
Minerva
God's got the Hefty Bag
knitting news
unnecessary detail
oh. my. god.
nothing better to post
Yankee, indeed.
exciting news!


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Sunday, May 08, 2005
yeah, yeah...

Why haven't I posted in a few days? I've been busy being a total computer geek, that's why. My new imac arrived early Saturday morning! Here is the unpacked box in the living room with Tiger ready to be installed. The Bean, our cat, is pretty curious about the imac. Well, actually cats are generally interested in any box or paper bag. Image hosted by Photobucket.com Just moments later, here is my imac (did I mentioned she is named "Minerva"?) booting up for the first time on my desk! Although I did clean off my desk that morning, the imac actually nicely hides some of the clutter. Note that the mouse is not the one that came with the computer, it's just an extra mouse I had. I love apple but I hate the mice. The terrible thing is sitting in my drawer lacking a 2nd mouse button and a scroll wheel. Anyone want it? I need to order a better one... Image hosted by Photobucket.com Needless to say I spent most of the weekend fooling around with the new computer. This is a seriously nice computer. I am not usually impressed by the "insides" of computers, but when I opened up the back to install the airport card I was impressed. The computer is super fast even though I have every application open that one could imagine right now. I had to install Tiger, play around with the new features and then I had to install various apps and transfer stuff from my ibook. Now Minerva is really up and running (and I am getting some work done, well, not this second). I didn't spend all weekend sitting at my desk (just most of it). We went out canoeing today for nearly 2 hours. There is something deceitful about canoeing. When we are paddling around, and I don't feel any kind of fatique. Actually, I don't even feel like I am working out although I am. Instead, the full impact of canoeing hits my body after we get out of the water. Today it was my legs. Legs? I was paddling, not running. My arms and shoulders are feeling it a little more now. And the sun was pretty strong. I almost passed out in Woodman's afterward. We went right after canoeing and I felt so much like I did that time when I was 15 and spent a day at the beach without eating or drinking much (I passed out), that I grabbed a bottle of Gateraid off the shelf and drank it. I need to remember 2 things about canoeing: (1) drink plenty of water during and (2) eat lunch first. My mistake, I think was going out having only eaten 2 pieces of toast.

posted by knit wit | 5/08/2005 09:05:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com