grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
I'm back in the midwest...
yummy
Looney Lagoon
Henderson's Greenhouse
again, drama with the local paper
ok, I'll play along
a new look
seen near the ocean
the ocean
a thousand words


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
the end of a long day

Well finally I am sitting in front of my computer. Am I making copious notes from the meeting I had with my advisor today? No. Am I studying for the prelim? Nope. I am blogging before I go into bed? Yes. I have a tall glass of water and the apartment is cooling down to a nice chilly sleeping temp thanks to our wonderful a/c. I feel like I crammed a lot of stuff into today. And my brain is a little on overload. I worked a bunch of hours this morning and crossed a fair amount off of the work to-do list. I had that 2 hour lunch meeting with my advisor. I raced home from that to pick up my BBBS little sister. She got to pick dinner and a movie as her birthday was this past weekend. She picked out frozen pizza, ice cream and the movie White Chicks. Yes, folks, I watched White Chicks. I wouldn't recommend it by any stretch of the imagination, but it had a plot and was more interesting that White Noise. After my little sister (who turned 11 this Saturday) told me no one in her family really remembered her birthday, I found some b-day candles and made her go into living room while I stuck them in her ice cream. She made a wish and blew them out. Everyone ought to at least make a birthday wish with some candles. Especially an 11 year old. 11 seems like such a great age to be. Then, Jo and I raced off to an actual evening activity/social event! Yes, blog readers, Jo and I, the usual stay-at-home-types went out to see a presentation at Rainbow Community Bookstore by people from Bitch magazine and LiP magazine. It was really great. It is good to get out sometimes, I guess. Even when it means venturing down to State Street, parking and dealing with the crowds of diners and shoppers. So I think I might start getting up early to work on my own writing every morning. I know I tried this my first year, when I decided that I ought to be getting up at 5am and cranking out tons of academic writing. At the time that self-set standard crippled me for a very long time. This time the decision came more organically. I didn't even decide this because my advisor told me to write more (although I do remember her saying years ago that writing was what academics get paid for doing). I just think I need to be working on stuff more. I've been so caught up in the prelim that when I talked about my own work today it made me realize that I can't let myself get too far away from it. I guess I better go to bed now then. I'll start in the morning with at least typing up some notes or something...

posted by knit wit | 6/21/2005 10:06:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com