grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
rewards
damn it
to my gray hairs
What are the chances?
the end of a long day
I'm back in the midwest...
yummy
Looney Lagoon
Henderson's Greenhouse
again, drama with the local paper


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Sunday, June 26, 2005
headache, headache, go away.

I woke up with a heachache yesterday. Instead of beginning to study early in the morning, I did everything I could to get rid of the headache, and didn't start until 10am. Yesterday the reward for my studying was taking my BBBS little sister to a "carnival" at the Boys & Girls club. It was fun- they had all kinds of games to play and they gave all the kids dinner and prizes. My little's entire family attended, so her mother asked me to drive the youngest three there with my little sister. Well, it took me 15 minutes to dig the seat belts out of the backseat of my volvo. Its been a long time since someone sat back there. Then, there was the argument about who had to sit in the middle (the youngest ended up there even though she wanted the window but she was small enough to just be moved there by her older sister). Then, I had three kids laughing, singing, moving around a lot and kicking the back of my seat for the entire drive across town. My little was in the front turning around every few minutes and telling them to knock it off. They really were cute kids, and for their ages they were well-behaved, but the experience just gently reminded me that 1 kid is perfect, and 3 are a handful. I don't know how my parents did it! Anyway, back to the exciting topic of headaches. Just the other day I was congratulating myself for being so good to my neck and shoulders and for keeping great posture. I haven't had a bad headache in a couple months now. Then, I get one yesterday and I have one (not quite as bad) again today. Maybe it is the heat, humidity and rain? I don't know, but I am going to finish my coffee, get up and take some advil and a long shower. Then, it is on to cover as many prelim questions as possible so that I can feel good about renting a movie with Jo tonight. Work starts again tomorrow. I get so much more done when I don't work during the day, but complaining about having a job just isn't right, right?

posted by knit wit | 6/26/2005 08:24:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com