grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
headache, headache, go away.
rewards
damn it
to my gray hairs
What are the chances?
the end of a long day
I'm back in the midwest...
yummy
Looney Lagoon
Henderson's Greenhouse


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Sunday, June 26, 2005
"party on Wayne!"

As Ang and Dorotha did, I'll post some movies I am ashamed to admit I love. I've been so deep in feminist critiques of white, middle-class, Eurocentric ways of thinking that anything to distract me is welcome... Wayne's World: This movie just takes me back to junior high when Jony and watched it probably over 100 times. I'll still watch it when it is on, but it isn't as funny as it used to be. Except for the part where Garth looses it and stabs all the donuts- that just always cracks me up for some reason. Centerstage: I agree with Ang on this movie. For some reason I love dance, especially the hard work it entails and there is something about this movie that I just love. The acting is bad and the ending is trite- but it is great. I've seen it about 5 times. 9 to 5: This has been one of my favorite movies since I was very little. I don't know if I consider to be all that bad in terms of movies (I think it is a freakin' great movie), but most would probably disagree with me so I added it to this list. I used to love to run around saying "sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot" when I was a kid. I still do. Big Business: Speaking of Lilly Tomlin... this time with Bette Midler (oh- should I admit to loving the movie Beaches? Nah.) Big Business is truly embarrassing to admit. It's bad- just really hokey and silly. Its about 2 sets of twins that are mistakenly split up at birth. One set of un-matched twins ends up in the big business world of NYC and the other set winds up in some very small and shamelessly hickish town that of course the other set of twins is out to strip-mine. 10 Things I Hate About You: "Taming of the Shrew" but with kids in a super-rich Californian high school. This movie is all about one of the things I hate about movies- upper class everything. People with money dripping off of them and it isn't even necessary for the plot. But, what can I say, if it is on, I watch it!

posted by knit wit | 6/26/2005 05:49:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com