grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
homeward bound
to me from some guy named Michael
how the summer is shaping up...
semi-urban exploration
time keeps movin' along...*
do the thing you think you cannot do
bravery
wanted:
The Maryann Show
I have no need for anger with intimate strangers*


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, June 06, 2005
six feet under

Tonight was the bittersweet season premier of the last season of Six Feet Under. Yeah, there are other TV shows I enjoy watching, but this was the first and only show that I (a) watched from the very first season, that (b) I would race home to see after work, and (c) that makes me cry at the end of every episode (and usually during most episodes as well). I don't know what it is. I just think the show is brilliant- I love the Fischer family, all of their issues, and all of their growth over the past years. The actors are incredible- real. The show should have won awards, and it didn't. Instead for the last season it got moved to Monday night instead of its usual Sunday spot. The only other show that comes close is Dead Like Me, but they just cancelled that too. So, I'll look forward to every Six Feet Under this season, and I'll have to own it (as well as the 2 seasons of Dead Like Me) on dvd. I am typing using an ice-pack as a wrist rest. My hands have been getting all swollen, and alternating between painful and prickly-numb lately and I don't know why. Even having them at desk-level makes all the veins pop out in a kind of freaky way. It could be the heat, it could be bad circulation but it has gone on for too many days now so I am seeing the doctor tomorrow about it. It makes computer work and writing kind of hard. This leads me to a confession. I didn't study for the prelim today. Yikes. Well, I thought about it, and that really does count- although only in terms of emotionally preparing myself for the thing- it doesn't actually count for cramming any knowledge into my head.

posted by knit wit | 6/06/2005 09:03:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com