grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
how the summer is shaping up...
semi-urban exploration
time keeps movin' along...*
do the thing you think you cannot do
bravery
wanted:
The Maryann Show
I have no need for anger with intimate strangers*
photo evidence
okay- we do love a couple things about Madison


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Saturday, June 04, 2005
to me from some guy named Michael

Jo and I just got back from picking up our veggies (we got pea vines, asparagus, arugula, salad, green onions and blue potatoes, but that's beside the point). While we were picking up our box, a man was also picking up his box. He approached us and told us that he noticed the bumper stickers on our car and wanted to give us something. He wrote on the back of a postcard that is was to me from Michael. He told me he was trying to sell these pieces of his "artwork" on State Street but had only sold 2 so he was now giving them away. He said someone warned him it could be perceived as threatening to the president. I took it and was actually kind of surprised by it. Hey, I'm one of the first people to call Bush the most terrible name I can think of when I happen to hear his voice on the radio or see him on TV. Hell, I even have a talking Bush doll stuffed in a desk drawer, and Jo and I contemplated buying the Bush pinata for election night. But, this was kind of out there. It is a postcard with a yellow ribbon drawn on it. The ribbon says "$upport our president!" and the ribbin is tied like a noose. Interesting... but needless to say, I don't think I'll be waving it around anywhere as it could be considered more than a little messed up. It reminds me of a t-shirt that a woman my sister used to work for sent to me completely unprompted. It said "Ban Abortion- We Need More Troops." Clever, yes, but I haven't worn it anywhere. My car may be covered with the kind of bumper stickers that either make people wave at us, or wave their middle finger at us, but these are just a little too out there.

posted by knit wit | 6/04/2005 01:33:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com