grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
"party on Wayne!"
headache, headache, go away.
rewards
damn it
to my gray hairs
What are the chances?
the end of a long day
I'm back in the midwest...
yummy
Looney Lagoon


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Sunday, June 26, 2005
the way we were

While we're on the topic of movies... tonight Jo and I were going to rent Suspect Zero (pay per view on digital cable) but of course, the digital cable kept giving us some kind of "system not available error." I seriously considered going back in my office to study instead of watching a movie, but good god, I can't spend 12 hours a day sitting in there! So we flipped around and found The Way We Were on AMC. I've never seen it (Jo had but it had been a while). I'm not one for romance movies. I am just not into them at all-- unless they have some kind of interesting plot (beyond romance as that alone doesn't count as an interesting plot), and are set in some equally interesting time period. This movie satisfied both those requirements. I loved the character Katie. I love the late 30s-40s and I love that the film was made in the 70s (it had that wonderful 70s feel but also the song Memories would drift in an out so often in a way they could only do in a 70s movies). So, I loved it. Yes, I actually loved (and maybe cried during) a romance movie. Now it is back to finishing up some studying before heading to bed. I think I have indeed reached the point where sleeping seems like a waste (but I know I need at least 7 hours or my mind can't function, and I know that keeping my body generally healthy is key) BUT I know tomorrow morning at 6am I'll wake up and instead of lying around drinking my coffee, I'll end up in here and try to get something done. Is there enough time? Have I done enough by this point? The hell if I know. If I think about it too much I'll loose it. My enemy and my friend is always thinking too much all the time. I just keeping plugging along. Its all about balance and movement. And thanks to Ang for the words of wisdom. They really mean a lot, Ang. (And I am taking you out to eat after this exam for putting together the gender prelim bible.) I'll bookmark that post and read it again sometime soon. Its good to know I am not alone in this insanity...

posted by knit wit | 6/26/2005 09:12:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com