grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
(on) nodding (off)
lupins for you
the way we were
"party on Wayne!"
headache, headache, go away.
rewards
damn it
to my gray hairs
What are the chances?
the end of a long day


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Friday, July 01, 2005
happy birthday jo!

Today is Jo's birthday! I woke her up with a lovely cup of coffee in a beautiful hand-made mug with a dragonfly on it that my parents sent her. Soon we are going to run errands (not much birthday fun, but we really only had $1.61 in the bank until today). We'll do anything she wants today (and she promises I can study for a few hours). They'll be berries with whipped cream later on and I'll indulge her by watching a couple old sci-fi movies that I usually would make her watch on her own (I'm not as in to them as she is). I think tomorrow my study break will be hitting a matinee of the new War of the Worlds. I usually loath remakes, but this one, and the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory look worth it! We always check email first thing in the morning (right up there with feeding the cats and making coffee). This morning Jo got 2 emails of questions for interviews in 2 German music magazines! The questions are great and from them we can tell they did a serious amount of research on Jo and her music- which is so awesome! She is still getting great radio play, and has a live on-air interview with a radio station in Germany this week. I am so proud of her! I always said (well, I wasn't the only one who said this, but I always agreed) that her music would do so much better in Europe than here. I also googled her this morning (it is interesting to gauge success by googling) and her upcoming album, Island, is discussed all over the place- mostly in languages that google translate doesn't do a very good job with, but still it is wonderful to see her album listed along side Goldfrappe and other well-knowns. Happy birthday Jo!

posted by knit wit | 7/01/2005 08:47:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com