grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
update
any ice cream flavor will do
vernacular photography
freedom
on being bearable
war of the worlds
"words"
patterns
looking ahead
shopping and going out...


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Saturday, July 16, 2005
movie marathon

Today I couldn't shake feeling incredibly run down-- like if I didn't seriously take it easy I would come down with the flu or something that would take multiple days to get over. So, I took it as easy as I know how. I made a wonderful salad from the contents of our CSA vegetable box- basil, cucumbers, radishes and green onions. This afternoon/evening I ended up planted on the couch and watched 3 movies in a row (I was also trying to review my notes on feminism & the welfare state, women's movements and citizenship at the same time. Sometimes that endeavor was successful and sometimes not). First was Heavenly Creatures on the wonderful new station Logo. I've wanted to see it for a very long time, but every time I had the opportunity to watch it Jo didn't want to see it again as she found it too messed up. Well, I loved it. I just thought it was incredible, and incredibly disturbing all at once. I really like Kate Winslet too- my other favorite movie of hers is Hideous Kinky. I couldn't watch all of the final scene of Heavenly Creatures (you know what I mean if you've seen it) so I flipped quickly to a nearby channel and ended up watching in horror as waves covered Manhatten in The Day After Tomorrow. There's nothing like flipping back and forth between 2 very differently upsetting scenes. I ended up watching the rest of The Day After Tomorrow. It was an all around crappy movie with some really terrible acting. But, I laughed quite loudly at the irony of having Mexico turning away American refugees, and then that the US had to forgive all of Mexico's debt in order for Mexico to let Americans go there. After that movie was over, the next movie was Garden State. Another recent movie I haven't seen (there are a lot of them) and kind of wanted to. It was a really decent movie- actually, pretty good. And I got kind of wrapped up in it, and even put down the reading I was trying do and just watched the whole movie. Now I'm heading to bed, hoping that I feel less under-the-weather in the morning. Just 2 more weeks of this pre-test-taking hell... just 2 more weeks...

posted by knit wit | 7/16/2005 10:54:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com