grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
the rubberband man
twice as nice
Saturday
on coming out
glass half full
random favorites
movie marathon
update
any ice cream flavor will do
vernacular photography


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
raising our bars

Jo and I are about to move up in the cell phone world. We are cancelling our old and crappy cell phone service and our long distance land-line for 2 brand new flippy cell phones and a family calling plan. We've had a cell phone for a long time, but until we moved far away from so many friends, we never really used it. We have been trying to use the cell phone for the free long distance all year, but our signal has been crappy, so we decided to "raise the bar" and switch to Cingular. Despite the fact I generally hate cell phones (I really hate listening to people on campus/in the store/on the bus chat away on them like no one else is around), I am kind of excited about getting a new gadget. I really love gadgets. And it will make travelling much, much easier. If Jo was stuck on the train, for say 8 extra hours, she could call home. When I am in Philly next month I can call her without having to set up a time to be in my hotel room so she can call me. But, I don't think anyone else will really call me on it. That may be why I have never carried one around- who is going to call me on my cell phone (other than Jo to ask me to stop by and get something at the co-op on my way home)? I never get calls on my land-line, let alone on a cell phone. Actually, it will probably be off 90% of the time. So I'll have better reception and I'll be able to call Jo from airports, but I won't be one of those people walking through campus talking like no one else is around. I swear I won't.

posted by knit wit | 7/27/2005 04:16:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com