grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
joyful girl
things to do
another day of summer
It was the beginning of summer, it was nearly the ...
reading my mind
family vacation sans me
and now the summer begins...
decompressing
4 days...
raising our bars


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, August 11, 2005
leaving

Even though the lyrics of "joyful girl" make me feel better, I don't want to leave my blog on what might seem like a sad note. I leave for Philly in the morning. I have plans to meet a friend at the airport and then to explore the city. I also have plans for dinner/drinks with other great people while I am there. For about 20 minutes yesterday I didn't want to go to this conference. Now I am really looking forward to this weekend. It is exactly what I need. I have 1037 things to do today. I did really nothing last night- but I guess that's fine. Thanks to everyone I spoke to/got emails from yesterday. With each one I felt better. And life goes on. So just to let everyone know the way I feel about grad school-- I am leaving here with a PhD or I am leaving here in a box.* Those are the options. And I am really very serious about that. *I can't take credit for that phrase- its a quote by ja. But it applies perfectly and I couldn't have said it better myself. Update: I just got 2 emails from readers worried that I am leaving the blogosphere. I'm not- I didn't mean it to sound that way. I'm just leaving for Philly for a few days and otherwise I'm not going anywhere!

posted by knit wit | 8/11/2005 07:37:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com