grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
denied.
wayside
doing nothing
poetry slam
aftermath
one of those days
endings
my so-called boring life
*home*
ASA: conference in a nutshell


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Thursday, September 08, 2005
a close call

I was sitting on the bus today, listening to Dar Williams, engrossed in the Beekeeper's Apprentice, when I decided that I was going to stop blogging for a while. I reasoned that I had too much on my plate this semester- that I felt too committed to way too many things. And I didn't want knit me more time to become one more thing making me feel committed and frantic. But, then I arrived home. Jo was on the phone with a friend from NY. They were talking about me. They were talking about my blog. I guess this friend in NY ran into some of our other NY friends over the weekend. They all talked about my blog and how much they loved it and how they read it every day. They also relayed they were worried about me with my lack of posting. I didn't realize they knew about my blog, let alone read it everyday. Joining in the conversation, I told Jo that I was planning on not writing in my blog for a while. I guess the word is I should absolutely not do this. I have fans! The timing is just too weird- so I will not shut down knit me more time tonight! Yes, folks, I'm at the point I reach about 3 days into every semester. Completely overwhelmed. Gads- do I have tons on my plate right now. I just don't know how I will do it all. I know it could be worse, and I know that I always start out feeling this way and everything works out, but that doesn't stop me from imagining the many, many nights and weekends of work ahead of me. There are some good things going on, I guess. Jo and I are driving to Ikea and Trader Joe's on Saturday. We'll get bookshelves, food and other stuff, and then with those bookshelves I can finally get all the very tall stacks of stuff off of my desk. I sat in stats today and actually felt like I was getting it more than I did the last time I took the class. Some things I have to do twice, and that's ok. I also have a meeting about the upcoming dissertation on Monday- it feels good to be moving ahead with something. And I am reading fiction every day on the bus instead of trying to crame in readings that I have to do. Don't worry, folks. I'm not going anywhere.

posted by knit wit | 9/08/2005 09:49:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com