grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
a suggestion to the Illinois Tollway
a close call
denied.
wayside
doing nothing
poetry slam
aftermath
one of those days
endings
my so-called boring life


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Monday, September 12, 2005
seeking advice

This is a bird house that is hanging right above our back door. It is literally 1 foot away from the door, and not too far above our heads. Last summer, a cute little family of birds stuffed it with small twigs and made a home there. Well, the other day I was sitting on the porch, under the bird house, talking on the phone. I heard a terrible buzzing above me. Now I want to say that I generally like insects. I don't kill spiders. Unless a spider that I find in my house is really big, I leave it there. Bees, on the other hand, kind of freak me out. I have only been stung once- when I was like 3 and running around barefoot near a little wading pool- I stepped on a bee and it stung my foot. Can you see above in the picture the little yellow objects around the opening of the bird house? Yup- those are bees (yellow jackets maybe- I don't know). There are tons of them in there and we have no idea what to do about it. We just don't hang out much near the back door- we try to go in and out of the house really quickly. Moving it by hand is surely a very bad idea. I thought of maybe putting a big garbage bag around it and then moving it that way- but that doesn't seem like much fun. Where would I move it to? And how happy would the bees be once I sat them down in their new location and the bag fell away? I got a bat out of someone's house last week by trapping it in a big bucket and then setting it free- but that was a cute little frightened bat, and not a nest full of angry bees. So any advice?

posted by knit wit | 9/12/2005 07:34:00 AM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com