grad school, politics, knitting and other meanderings. And not enough time for any of it.

 

 

: : email knit wit : : knitmemoretime@gmail.com

: : previous posts : :
doing nothing
poetry slam
aftermath
one of those days
endings
my so-called boring life
*home*
ASA: conference in a nutshell
Yay for free hotel internet!
leaving


: : archives : :
05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005

: : daily reads: :
and she knits too
bighappyfunhouse
birdfarm
bookish wendy
feminist blogs
feministe
fidgety budgie
get yourself some boring
the half-assed gourmet
the imposter syndrome
indigirl
j autumn
journal to a muse
kp's ramblings
mad teach
magic eraser
the maryann show
media girl
not your ordinary
the other side of the ocean
professor dork
satan's laundromat
sir edwin pegasus
the third attempt
to live and drive in LA
views from a broad
the wrong side of the bed

 

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next |

knit me more time...
Friday, September 02, 2005
wayside

This blog has fallen by the wayside, I know. Why? Well, mostly from being busy doing day-to-day stuff. Work has been crazy to say the least. Nothing notable has really gone on, either, so there has been little worth blogging about. I was going to blog about going out with my BBBS little sister to pick out a school backpack and how it made me remember how important getting new school supplies into a new backpack was to me when I was going into 5th grade. I was going to blog about the wonderful world of reading fiction. I finished The Alienist and started The Beekeeper's Apprentice. The Alienist was wonderful but the Beekeeper's Apprentice has taken my breath away. How did I not know about this series before? Whoever out there in blogland recommended it to me- thank you, thank you! And another reason I haven't blogged is that everything I thought about blogging about felt so insignificant compared to the hurricane. I am just so completely sad and angry that we have the "greatest military in the world" capable of dropping troops and supplies into war-torn countries and that there are still people dying in hospitals and in the streets 4 days after the hurricane. There is no excuse for this. I could have driven with my canoe on my car and paddled supplies to Charity hospital by now, and yet our military has ignored them and there are people dying without water. To say that I am angry is not even touching on the rage I feel. Thank goodness so many amazing people in this country are opening up their homes, donating money, blood and supplies. Bush just snarks around like a freakin' frat boy, barely even trying to convince people he cares. He doesn't even deserve to even call himself American.

posted by knit wit | 9/02/2005 08:15:00 PM

This page is powered by Blogger.
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com